Here is the current dev version of MailPressDownload MailPress 5.4.6 RC (1596)
One month ago, i received a mail from Mika (plugin referee at wordpress.org) telling me that MailPress was temporarily withdrawn from the WordPress plugin repository due to an exploit/vulnerability. Continue reading
I am currently working on MailPress 5.4.3
This version will introduce a new add on called “Batch spool send”.
It implements a feature (spool) introduced in Swiftmailer more than a year ago. Continue reading
Just released MailPress 5.4.2
This version fixes a bug in mailinglist dropdown lists introduced by changes in WordPress 4.2 (latest version of WorPress is 4.2.1, upgrade due to a vulnerability in comments) .
This version also brings a new feature when using the Embed add-on. Youtube videos are now inserted with a thumbnail where a “play” button has been inserted (requires php extension ‘GD‘).
4 days ago, WordPress introduced a new version : 4.2 .
A tiny change in the taxonomy toolbox (support of parameter ‘name’ in get_terms() function) changed the behavior of MailPress when using Mailinglist add-on .
This impacts mostly dropdown lists where mailinglists are involved.
A fix currently under test is available in the WP plugin repository as the Development version.
It can also be downloaded at this link.
MailPress 5.4.2 should be available in a few days – as the current MailPress version – if no other bugs are reported.
Thank you for your support.
and MailPress 5.4 almost ready for test purpose only here.
Please test it on your dev sites and report any bug in the comments.
Aellio has set up a very good professional emailing tool : WikiMail. This tool combines the strengths of WordPress and MailPress connected to Amazon Simple Email Services servers giving a simple and efficient online Newsletters e-mailing tool. It includes all MailPress functions without the burden of :
- Installing WordPress
- Setting up MailPress
- Compatibility issues between WordPress version and MailPress version
- Being spammed
- Facing limitation of recipients number because of hosting memory limitation
Free trial without commitment for one month.
After one month free trial, unlimited number of emails can be sent at the price of 1 USD per 100 recipients per month:
- Unlimited campaigns of newsletters can be sent to hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands of people.
- Full offer covers free mail models, full statistics including geolocalization of recipients, scheduling of shipments, managing wrong addresses, duplicates, spam mailings, full one year history, etc.
Aellio is, by far, the biggest donator for MailPress in 2012.
MailPress 5.3 requires WordPress 3.4.
Do not forget to read Upgrade Notice in readme.txt.
MailPress 5.3 requires WordPress 3.4.
- Swiftmailer 4.1.7
- Code Reviews & changes
- newsletter xml files path and name changed + some scheduler and processor ids (read Upgrade Notice)
- use of checked() function
- mp themes review + new mp theme TwentyTwelve
- New Mail > new way to add mailinglists (see 3 new add-ons)
- new ip geolocation provider : quova.com (required : 2 constants MP_Ip_quova_ApiKey & MP_Ip_quova_Secret)
- useragent search engine, datas, icons, new tracking modules
- MailPress_comment : now subscription to comments can be checked by default (see settings)
- MailPress_tracking : new modules for mail & user (System info II + Domain recipients)
- New MailPress_embed : Mail oEmbed (equivalent of WordPress video embedding but for mails)
- New MailPress_comment_newsletter_subscription : Subscribe to a default newsletter from comment form
- New MailPress_mailinglist_country_code : New Mail > add mailing lists based on country code (beware ! IP geolocation search is not 100% accurate)
- New MailPress_mailinglist_US_state : New Mail > add mailing lists based on US State (beware ! IP geolocation search is not 100% accurate)
- New MailPress_mailinglist_user_role : New Mail > add mailing lists based on wp user roles (beware ! Sync_wordpress_user add-on STRONGLY required)
- New MailPress_wp_fromemail : New Mail > FROM email & name replaced by current user wp values
- New MailPress_write_edit_fromemail : New Mail > make FROM email and name editable (info ! use Roles_and_capabilities add-on for fine tuning new capability ‘MailPress_write_edit_fromemail’)
- Custom Post Types
- Due to custom post type integration, if you have any xml newsletter customized file in your MailPress installation, you will need to be cautious (path changed). Read this post.