End of year 2011 is coming, and everyone wrote his wishlist. Graham started his on november.
I am not Santa Claus but here are my answers for Christmas :
- Easy Subscribe to Newsletter when Commenting : that’s a good idea for a new add-on.
As far as i know, Graham has only one newsletter. What if there are several default newsletters ? should we have a default default newsletter ?
- Custom Thank You Page : i think this is a good idea.
This is why it is possible to have a specific page template or category template. There is even template samples provided :
More customisation of that specific blog page needs to rewrite the code of class
MP_Mail_links.class.phpor write your own.
- Subscribe to Mailing List without Default Newsletter Subscription : since MailPress 5.2, shortcode :
[mailpress mailinglist='id' newsletter='0']
should do what Graham wants.
- Omit Certain Posts From The Newsletter: here is the “how to” :
- Define a specific category for the posts to include in a newsletter,
- Modify the newsletters xml definition files (
mailpress\mp-content\advanced\newsletters\*.xml) adding in the processor section :
<processor> <query_posts> <cat>(the specific category id )</cat> </query_posts> </processor>
- When writing a post adding the newsletter to that specific category will make it eligible for the newsletter,
- Be carefull when upgrading MailPress, not to delete your specific settings in the xml files.
- Existing Users Should Be Added To Mailing List by Bulk Add : i have no answers for this, i was thinking of using the import add-on but that needs to be tested.
- CSV Import Problems : here again, it seems that there is some work to do to improve this feature.
- Selectively Disable content Filters in Manual and Autoresponder Emails:
- Richer Selection On Sending Mail : again, MailPress is giving richer selection using filters hooks
MailPress_query_mailinglistwhen Comment, Mailinglist, Newsletter add-on are activated.
Code is rather simple, the trickiest part is to get the right SQL query for what you want to target as recipients.
- Embedded Video Support : may be HTML5 is part of the solution : The Current State of Video in Mail & HTML5 and video in mail.
- Don’t Track This Link with Tracking Add-on : good point!
- Support for External Redirections in Tracking_ga : ah ah ! this one is for Google !
- Manual Republish Button : you can use the Post add-on to republish an existing post. Merging a “post to republish” with the current posts to be “published” in the same mail looks to me very complicated to code. I am not a big expert in
query_posts(), looking for a good idea on this topic.
- Automatically Republishing Old Posts : that’s a good idea for a new add-on, need to dig that tweeter plugin code on that one.
- Remind and Delete Users That Don’t Confirm : that’s a good idea for a new add-on.
- Editing A User’s Email Address : has been asked several times. This is not currently possible to insure uniqueness of email in mailpress_users mysql table.
- Child Themes : done in MailPress 5.2 ! see posts here and here.
- “Add Form” Doesn’t Work : this should have been fixed in MailPress 5.2 .
Form add-on is for contact forms !
- Paragraph Spacing Is Missing In TwentyTen Theme : done in MailPress 5.2 !
- Conditional Text : this one is a ‘the_content’ hook filter issue.
I just have to finish adding a topic that has been requested several times : support for Custom Post Types.
But this is another story …
Happy holydays !