and MailPress 5.3 …
Changes from MailPress 5.2.1 are the followings :
- generalization of checked() function
- MailPress_comment : now subscription to comments can be checked by default (see settings)
- MailPress_mailinglist_country_code : !!NEW!! New Mail : add mailing lists based on country code (beware ! IP geolocation search is not 100% accurate)
- MailPress_mailinglist_US_state : !!NEW!! New Mail : add mailing lists based on US State (beware ! IP geolocation search is not 100% accurate)
- MailPress_mailinglist_user_role : !!NEW!! New Mail : add mailing lists based on wp user roles (beware ! Sync_wordpress_user add-on STRONGLY required)
- MailPress_wp_fromemail : !!NEW!! New Mail : FROM email & name replaced by current user wp values
- MailPress_write_edit_fromemail : !!NEW!! New Mail : make FROM email and name editable (info ! use Roles_and_capabilities add-on for fine tuning new capability ‘MailPress_write_edit_fromemail’)
- IP geolocation provider
- new : quova.com (required : 2 constants MP_Ip_quova_ApiKey & MP_Ip_quova_Secret)
- Custom Post Types
- preparing dedicated “newsletters for custom post type” integration …
MailPress 5.3-alpha can be downloaded here.
About dedicated custom post type newsletters integration, extra code is required.
A new add-on, some xml files, specific scheduler and processor and eventually specific theme templates.
For documentation purpose, you can download the following file containing the required files to integrate a custom post type named “cpt” and a readme_cpt.txt file.
Download Custom Post Type Newsletter sample code (181)