I am currently working on MailPress 5.4.3
This version will introduce a new add on called “Batch spool send”.
It implements a feature (spool) introduced in Swiftmailer more than a year ago.
In Batch send add-on :
- Mail is stored in the db.
- Each time the batch is activated, the mail is read from db, replacements (if any) are made on the mail that is sent – using your ‘transport’ choice (smtp, sendmail, php mail).
- If all mails are sent, or all retries done, mail status is updated as sent.
In Batch spool send add-on :
- A writable path is required. Default is
.../wp-content/plugins/mailpress/tmp/spoolbut i recommend to create one outside of mailpress folder because automatic upgrade will destroy the spool and its content. I tested the new feature with this path :
- Mail is stored in the db (same as above) but within the spool a sub directory is created (mail id) where each mail to be sent is stored in a specific file with a random name.
- Each time the batch is activated, the sub directory is read, a certain amount of files are read, mails are sent – using your ‘transport’ choice (smtp, sendmail, php mail) – and corresponding files are deleted if ok.
- If all mails are sent, or all retries done, mail status is updated as sent and the sub directory is deleted.
Of course, it is not wise to switch to one batch type to another if all mails started with one batch type is not finished.
Next work will be to fix some strange behavior on MailPress setting screens :
- when saving we should stay on the same setting screen.
Thank you for your support.