Graham recently asked me to solve his problem of several copies of the same newsletter for the same recipient.
My first answer was to tell him that this results from a bug in wp-cron (wordpress feature).
After some search, i found a solution he was able to test successfully.
Here are the first posts on the solution found, and Graham contribution.
- How to disable WordPress wp-cron
- wp-cron and MultiSite = Headache
- Run WordPress tasks from real cron job
and Graham posts :
- How to Disable wp-cron Running in the Background
- How to Configure Your Blog’s Newsletter in MailPress
nota bene : to implement this solution you need one of these :
- ability to schedule cron job with your CPanel
- ability to edit your crontab
- access to external services such as webcron.org